My cohort Phil Gelatt, who's new movie The Bleeding House is in the Tribeca Film Festival, is asking the tough questions. WTF IF...
1. Splash + the Frighteners + Dirty Harry = A rogue mermaid cop hunts the ghosts of dead sailors?
2. Hudson Hawk + Dracula + Nashville = The varied populace of a southern city is plagued by a vampire; a singing thief has to save them
3. Ginger Snaps + Alphaville + Dr. Moreau = Teenage animal girl discovers she lives on an island controlled by a poetic mad scientist computer?
4. Blade Runner + Cemetery Man + MASH = In a future city, ravaged by war, a medic has to figure out who is dead and who is alive?
5. Videodrome + The Beyond + From Beyond = .... this one just breaks my brain.
6. Lost Boys + The Witches + Mall Rats = Young suburban boys discover a coven of foes who attempt to turn them into literal mall rats?
7. Aliens + Legend + Forgetting Sarah Marshall = Heart Broken soldier travels to resort planet, finds it occupied by demons AND his ex?
8. Howard the Duck + Spider Baby + King of Comedy = Weird family obsessed with talk shows, death encounters a wise cracking duck man, eat him?
9. Hellraiser + Candyman + From Hell = Pinhead, Candyman and Jack the Ripper. It's a gay porno.
10. Good, Bad & Ugly + Pig in the City + Return of the Living Dead = A pig, a naked punk girl and a cowboy fight the undead/each other over gold.
11. Medea + Barton Fink + On Her Majesty's Secret Service = ...? I have no idea.