3/29/2012

Character Design Class: Online Workshop

I'm expanding my character design class to the far reaches of intraspace. The space within the intra zone!

By that I mean an Online Workshop!  This workshop will feature the same curriculum as my base class at Bergen Street Comics but with a more casual and streamlined work flow.

Lessons will include basic techniques for designing characters in a few different industry environments like comics and animation. Each industrial direction will be peppered with overlapping lessons that include construction, story, color and more!

If you are looking to sharpen your chops at character design, fulfill a personal project or branch out in another artistic field this could be the program for you!

The Workshop will run for 8 weeks with two weeks per assignment. I will be hosting the class privately through the web and will offer a great amount of artistic resources and available drawing programs.  The class will be mostly digital, but as long as you have access to a scanner you may work on paper as well. I will however require finals to be completed digitally.  If you are not savvy with drawing programs then this is also your chance to take a crash course as I will be reviewing the ins and outs of Photoshop, Sketchbook Pro and Art Rage.

The details:
Class will be held this April. Start Date :To be determined
8 week semester
4 assignments
2 weeks per assignment
Cost: $250
 - On top of a thorough lesson plan, this also includes the weekly feedback and drawing videos.  The digital crash course. An almost endless source of file sharing and artistic reference. As well as my personal reference as a colleague and instructor.

Please contact me via email which you can find in my contact section of the site
http://www.ricklacy.com/p/contact.html

To visit my classes Facebook Page and view the budding community:
LINK

Have fun drawing and see you in class!





- Rick